Wednesday, April 11, 2007

noah's raven

raven overhead..
circling..
i continue the walk
though i have called jorja..
i am so ready to drop..
ready for the ride..
the foaming dog took
whatever i had left
and fed it to the crows!

joe and jorja live in a home
that they have built themselves.
passive solar..olde doors..
colourful tiles, beadwork lampshades!
good friday, indeed!

in a big book on the table i open to:
noah's raven

why should i have returned?
my knowledge would not fit into theirs.

i found untouched the desert of the unknown,
big enough for my feet.
it is my home.

it is always beyond them.
the future splits the present
with the echo of my voice.

hoarse with fulfillment,
i never made promises.

w.s. merwin

we share the evening
with food that "spoils us"
(says joe)
poetry and roses..

in the morning, jorja and i speak
of the miracle of the living waters..
she feeds me breakfast..
offers granola for the road..

moe arrives to drive me across
the astoria bridge..
no pedestrians!
she has shopping..
perfect timing...
rain, wet..
then she drives me across
the warrenton bridge..
no pedestrians!

as the raven flies..
moe lands me at the beach house
of kathy s. in twin rocks!
i am in oregon..
the day before easter sunday..
praises!

1 comment:

b said...

Noah's Raven! Wow!!