Friday, April 6, 2007

granny!

there was a motel in montesano
where i was heading for the night..
it was in the busiest section of towne..
trucks and tractors buzzz, buzz-buzzing..
i chequed in at the gas station
where i was to register.
i simply could not bring my self
to sign up..asked about any b and b's..
asked to borrow the fone book..
they found the one and only for me..

i rang and granny answered..
the right place..!
she waved me down and we set a time for tea!
she is a quilter..o my..she makes fruitcake o my o!
she and four generations of family
run the grande olde home..
baseball on the big screen with popcorn,
laundry to be done..fresh grass to rest on..
a pretty good rate for a traveling waif..

before the game, i was introduced to another guest.
he stays 4 nights a week, then travels home.
he works at the nuclear reactors..

i watch my judgement surface;
remembering my anxiety
around the energetics of the stacks..
i see the war zone warming up..
there! there is the start of war!

we all watch the ball game
until we can't take it anymore..
mariners-zip
athletics-9

in the middle of sleeptime..
i am awakened by shouts,
by moans, by cries of terror.
nightmares in the next room..
that is the feeling i had
walking in the shadows of the towers..
nightmares..
wraiths galloping away with the mind..
it is oddly intimate to be privy
to a strangers dreams..
the cries and screams continued..
the war subsided in my heart..
breathing in..the stallions of night
breathing out..magnolias!

2 comments:

MPS said...

Hi, dearest d. Happy day of arising! Barb took me by the hand and showed me how to reach you in blogland, so now I can tsg along on the journey, too. How sweet to find another familiar home with Granny for a moment. Sending you love with every step and every stroke of your wings. MPS

Kit said...

How wonderful you stopped to see my boy and Erin!

Your image of the two towers blowing fragrant bubbles cheers me. Let's dream big!

La Conner is like Disneyland, with 70 degrees on Saturday, and sidewalks alive with visitors, walking, the tulip fields also hosting visitors, walking, walking. We have feet!

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti