Thursday, March 22, 2007

namas*go

the yoga lodge serves as a venue for teachers
of other traditions..sherlie miller was a guest.
a lovely woman from san diego who offers
fan tai chi! SNAP!
she took me through the short form
and if i do say so myself, 'twas not too shabby!
she shared some interesting stories about her
home..she lives on the tecolote canyon..
kumeyaay indian tribe..
tecolote means burrowing owl in kumeyaay..
the community gathered force to save the canyon.
if you're in the neighborhood, it's worth a look-see!

at my last dinner with dan and wendy,
she presented me with the peace gift
for the next household..
a box of poem cards by the local poet,
david whyte.
she also shared some fantabulous
homemade mango bars.
i will see if i can get the recipe, yes?

wendy and dan were such giving brightness..
sharing the riches of their land and lives together..
highly recommended!

sally g. had called some days before..
a retreat happening further south.
the chod with tsultrim allione..
a dakini practice that uses the bell and the drum..
the exact drum beat of my peacefeet!
sally sponsored me, fed me, slept me !
an auspicious offering;
the timing perfect..

the alternate route has proved itself
as the main road..
seems there is only one way..
whichever way one's going!

sally and carmen picked me up at the morning class
and ferried me ..HA!..AH!..
to deeper woods and retreat.
the practices are cultivated for the benefit of all beings..
for their release from suffering..
for peace!

note:
carmen's husband,
michael hansen
has written a book..

another way to be
the path within

although i did not get a chance to read it,
i found the practice of the new moon cycle
very worthwhile..
bet watermark book company has it!


ONE DAY
One day I will
say
the gift I once had has been taken.

The place I have made for myself
belongs to another.
The words I have sung
are being sung by the ones
I would want.

Then I will be ready
for that voice
and the still silence in which it arrives.

And if my faith is good
then we'll meet again
on the road
and we'll be thirsty,
and stop
and laugh
and drink together again

from the deep well of the way things are.

david whyte

No comments: