Monday, March 12, 2007

have i biten off more than i can shoe?

the ribbion of highway has lead me to coupeville..
after a satisfying meal at the imperial gardens
(thank you, dear joyce)
(imagine! there was a gent there who was at deception cafe as we lunched the previous day..he shows up seated right behind us..)
i was handed off to carolyn and her wonderdog CD
(cute dog).
she and michael welcomed me into their home with a sauna
for the evening and i slept sweet and easy..
shin splints have arrived with great gusto..
hip is dancing to the beat of a different drum..
and i wonder as i wander..
...more than i can shoe?
carolyn, who is a massage therapist,
offered her healing touch to the above mentioned spots
and i traded my dark chocolat bar (thank you, angelita)
for a space blanket..it looks like tin foil yet 3 people
have convinced me of its worth and weight..it is weightless!
carolyn walked me a wee-ways after mighty breakfast..
solitary refinement on the backroads to the knead and feed..
cheryl, or is it sheryl? or is it sherry?..the housekeeper
for bob and patty saw me along the way and i was cheered onward to the coveland park..
ducks, kingfishers, and a passel of red-wingers have gifted me with their chants of good morning..
and i say over and over, i am not my shins..
i am an olde pool of peace!

5 comments:

Patti P said...

La paix est saine pour les enfants et d'autres choses vivantes.....
Please help with some other translations so that we can make more peace signs. Merci

Kit said...

ah, the body weighs in with it's wordless opinion. it's a good thing you're on a Peace Walk, and not a Peace Race! may you and your hip and your shins find the path to peace together.
and, in my humble opinion, stormy weather is the best time to need a bit more rest.........

margo logan said...

margo l said...

dunja when we passed you and your other peace friends at the curve around Campbell Lake on March 10th you were just parellell with the former residence of another Vietnam Vet who was killed very violently a few years after he came back from Nam.

jamie grimes was my friend. jamie painted every inside wall and ceiling of that house BLACK.

jamie as well as my brother, gordy, walks with you on this journey.

dunja's peace walk, teaches me, reminds me that peace is wholistic, and that fragmentation of peace leaves only shattered little pieces waiting to be made whole again.

dunja, putting one foot in front of the other.....very very powerful and inspiring.

March 11, 2007 8:08 AM

margo logan said...

in 2004 hobbling down an Inca trail in Peru from a 15,000 foot pass, my knee hurt. rojer, one of our guides flew by me at lightening speed. coming back he took my left hand, supported me; and off we went leaving the Inca trail.

rojer laughs all the time as he easily runs across the face of Pacha Mama in the Andes mountains.

In no time i am running, i am laughing like a little girl. there is no pain, there is now nothing wrong with my knee at all.

it is a miracle, it is the power of the Earth, the rocks, the mountains, laughter prayer/playing and staying in the moment.

high altitude and clean air; deep cleansing breaths...all was good.

dunja, i have a friend in Waldport,
would love to meet you. my friend has had polio since childhood and her left arm doesn't work.

for six months my friend trekked through the Andes mountains in the 70's. she's now dealing with the post polio stuff. that trek, that effort and accomplishment has sustained her through her struggles. it would be lovely for her to be a part of your journey for peace.

The Mild One said...

Oh, the agony of de feet and shins. Smart wool and new balance can only do so much, but I love them.