Saturday, March 31, 2007

even cowgirls get the bleus

i seem to be dragging..
this blistery sugar lump on my left foot
is singing the blues..
the library in hoodsport
is open at 1pm..
it's 10 in the morning.

i dunno what made me do it..
i stick out my thumb
ready to get to shelton..
no sooner than later,
chuck from oregon stops..
"i haven't picked up a hitchhiker in years,
but something told me..."
heading to shelton? i ask..
no wait..
how 'bout olympia?
"right on my way..
know olympia like the back of my hand!"

he drops me at the urban onion..
right in front of the foot shoppe..
barbara and dave send me to the gov's
dennis kucinich is in towne at 4:30
about 200 people show up..
"HUMAN UNITY IN AFFIRMING DIVERSITY."
he and his wife elizabeth are creating
the 9/10 forum..
who were we before 9/11?
find our true size, find our voice
the crowd was shimmering with eager faces..
they each have a peace is healthy sticker..
read the article in the olympian..
from the heart..non-violence..

i walk into the wet afternoon..
the ladies in black are streaked across the sidewalk..
so dramatic with their black umbrellas,
the folded flag..
the black and white peace sign.

at the grocery store, a woman across the produce
department smiles at me..
"ellen?"
i return her smile..
hello!
"ellen?
no, you're not ellen..."
i laugh and say no..
but we could pretend i was!
we find each other in the clear eye..
we give one another a hearty hug..
we find each other's true name..
she tells me we will meet again..

every moment make it real..
find the way to say:
not two.

i have arrived at the now of the blog..
had the opportunity to have a yoga class
with miguel at the "Y"
to the music of flamingo guitar..
the peace stickers arrive from watermark..
if you would like to make an offering
to postage and continued printing..
give a call:
360 293-4277
palms together!
whew!

No comments: