Friday, July 27, 2018

mooning!


it's the buck moon..
(according to some..)
is that where mooning comes from..
pulling down our knickers
and exposing a buck naked derriere ?

or is it the raspberry moon?
is that where raspberrying comes from?
the puckering of lips and fluttering
a sound of heaven knows what..!
my olde and dear friend, rainier,
would often raspberry me by putting me on..
offering some piece of wisdom or factoid
that was none of the above..

maybe it's the salmon moon..?
where those deep true
gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals
that lack limbs with digits,
forming a sister group to tunicates,
together configuring olfactores..
those inspiring ones who die for love..
show us how it's done..
~ unconditional love ~

all i know is that the moon was very, very full
this very, very early morning when i hit the trail
- the moon glade upon the water -
guiding my step by step  by step
until it went introvert behind the morning fog bank..

at first light...
in a nearby field
hay rolls presented themselves
ragged in van gogh colours ..
muted dunes of caramel -
looking rather like random ancient rock formations..
perhaps the callanesh standing stones..
or a cattywompus zendo
of haphazard nuns and monks
sitting the morning star awake ..

my second name..
(the first being susan, by my birth mother..)
the name my adopted parents dubbed me
...dianna..
(the extra N keeps my cloaking device activated)
...is after the goddess
of the hunt,
of the moon,
and of nature..

no wonder moons have their way
with me upon fullness  ~

all this is full,
all that is full, 
from fullness, fullness comes..
when fullness is taken from fullness,
fullness still remains..
               ~ upanishads

i am not alone..
the moon in fullness seems to affect our 60 % water human forms ..
the ocean's tides and a swelling earth’s crust cannot help but
wheedle awhile awoo away at our essence..

to be ensconced in reciprocity..
with nature and moon stuff and stoned haystacks
while hunting for the senseless sense in the sensate
makes me loony ..

may i always be ever so ever so grateful ~

note: the third moniker awarded me..
on a bus in turkistan by a whirling dervish
from my traveling dictionary is dunya..
in arabic/turkish meaning world or rather.. worldly..
it was re-arranged and re-tagged and re-spelled
in yugoslavia by an innkeeper in sibenik
as dunja to denote another spherical entity -
a small, fuzzy melon or quince..
still in the shapely orb of moon ~




No comments: