Saturday, July 21, 2018

all we need is love


only love matters, friend.
all our spiritual knowledge and attainments,
all the drama of the "i know more than you" mind,
all the spiritual posturing of the frightened ego,
just pale in comparison to the simple joy of true connection,
and the peace that comes from knowing that you are
nothing less than a burning sun.

for billions of years, the sun has given us
its awesome power for free.
(can't buy me love!)
think of all the burning it has had to endure
in order to shine so brightly and give us life.
                       jeff foster
                          italics: beatles


even
after
all this time
the sun never says to the earth,
  
"you owe 
     me"

look
what happens
with a love like that,
it lights the 
whole
sky.
~ hafiz - the gift



there is nothing to practice.
to know yourself, be yourself.
to be yourself, 
stop imagining yourself to be this or that.
just be.
(let it be!)
let your true nature emerge.
don't disturb your mind with seeking.
                    ~ sri nisargadatta
                      italics: beatles


I dig love
I dig love in the morning
I dig love in the evening
I dig love and I want you to know I dig love

Small love, big love, I don't care
Love's all good love to me
Left love, right love, anywhere love
There's a rare love, come on and get it, it's free

Bought love, short love, in any port
Love's always there to see
Make love, take love, but you should give love
And try to live love, come on that's where you should be

Yes, I want you to know I dig love
To know I dig love
Yes, I do
I dig love 
                     ~ george harrison
                     all things must pass
                  





No comments: