Monday, August 10, 2015

miracle cure - luka bloom


When all the fighting is done
Forgiveness
When all the blood has run
Forgiveness
The opening fist
Brings forgiveness
A wounded hand to kiss
Forgiveness

It's the wonder drug
It's the miracle cure
It could change our world
Make our lives secure
I take my chance at each abyss
And reach for my forgiveness

The moment the words cut in
Forgiveness
The moment anger begins
Forgiveness
In the light of a new day
Forgiveness
I hope you'll have your say
Forgiveness

Together we grow
Together we know
No losers, no winners
In forgiveness
Together we're free
Together we see
No right or no wrong
In forgiveness

It's the wonder drug
It's the miracle cure
It could change our world
Make our lives secure
I take my chance at each abyss
And reach for my forgiveness



there is a  lot to hold these days..
per chance there always has been..
to face the mirror of our own faces..
our own anger, impatience and distracted actions ~
within the actions of another..

it is an abyss we circle every step of the way..
to love..to forgiveness..
understanding ..tolerence..

watching my own bullying - bossyness
as i drove around town ..
tyrannizing the bizarre drivers from another planet 
attempting to maneuver the streets during our arts fair!
a small annoyance that is the very seed of war..
of violence..
in me !
inconceivable! 
not!

the 8 verses of mind training - 
kadampa geshe langritangba (1054-1123)
can bring us about face to step, however slightly lightly, into a footprint of another..
to get the picture there is not an us & them..

1 - with a determination to accomplish
the highest welfare for all sentient beings
who surpass even a wish-granting jewel
i will learn to hold them supremely dear.

2 - whenever i associate with others i  will learn
to think of myself as the lowest among all
and respectfully hold others to be supreme
from the very depths of my heart.

3 - in all actions i will learn to search into my mind
and as soon as an afflictive emotion arises
endangering myself and others
will firmly face and avert it.

4 - i will learn to cherish all beings of bad nature  (bad drivers, included!)
and those pressed by strong karmas and sufferings
as if i had found a precious treasure
very difficult to find.

5 - when others out of jealously treat me badly
with abuse, slander and so on,
i will learn to take all loss
and offer the victory to them.

6 - when one whom i have benefited with great hope
unreasonably treats me very badly,
i will learn to view that person
as an excellent spiritual guide.

7 - in short, i will learn to offer to everyone without exception
all help and happiness directly and indirectly
and respectfully take upon myself
all harm and sufferings of my mothers.

8 - i will learn to keep all these practices
undefiled by the stains of the 8 worldly conceptions *
and by understanding all phenomena as like illusions
be released from the bondage of attachment.

* like / dislike
   loss / gain
    fame / disgrace
     praise / blame

how much more the open palm can hold
than a tight fist..
this, this, this....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with a deep bow of love and "we-ness"...xoxo,s