Tuesday, March 13, 2012

inquiry

how may plate fulls of greens did i eat today?
kale, chard, spinach..?

what is happening in japan right now?
what can i do?

how many woman are in leading roles
such as lawyers, scientists, inventors and physicists?
are they wearing pink?

when will the dalai lama get to go back home?
how many more nuns and monks will set
themselves on fire before he does?

did i light a candle for someone other than myself today?

what are the things i am most greatful for today?
the gas attendant smiling, the snow on the hillsides,
the clothes dryer circumambulating, coconut white chocolate,
my fingers, tea from far away places, a call from my pal...
and on and on...

what is the secret of the pulse?

how many angels do dance on the head of a pin?

when will all the wars be over?
why do we train young men/women to kill?
what the farbang is going on in afghanistan?

why do my cross stitches come out so uneven?
will i ever finish this project?

does standing on my head make me taller?
make my hair thicker?
my intelligence spring forth?

a question by robert frost
a voice said,
look me in the stars
and tell me truly,
men of earth,
if all the soul-and-body scars
were not too much to pay for birth.

No comments: