Thursday, December 15, 2011

our mother of perpetual smiles

that is what i call my winter hat..
given as a gift a few seasons ago..
it is hot pink with fern green trim..
looks alot like dipsy's hat,
(the lime green teletubbie)
-cheque out their theme song-

the hat rises to a point like the buddha's ushnisha
and brings a smile to many a face..
cars driving by give me a thumbs up..
drivers mouth the words :
love your hat !
where did you get that hat?

what concerns me though..
even when i don't wear my fine hat..
people are smiling broadly as they see me..
it must be that my hair is sooo short
and my body is sooooo big..
with all my winter coats and vests and scarves..
i look like a pin-headed michelin man..bibendum ~
or a cone-headed pillsbury doughboy..poppin' fresh ~

no matter..
the world smiles when they see me coming..

as louis armstrong says:
when you're smilin'....keep on smilin'
the whole world smiles with you
and when you're laughin'....keep on laughin'
the sun comes shinin' through
and the whole world gonna smile with..
the great big world will smile with..
the whole wide world will smile with...... you!

No comments: