Tuesday, May 24, 2011

first hill

hello leading lady..
the large african american wooed
to me as i puffed up capital hill..
i stopped to inquiry as to the source of his greeting..
being pleased that i had paused for a chat,
he told me he sees plenty of leading ladies
on his daily walk up and down madison avenue..
he feels it is his duty to let the lovelies know
that their power and glory is acknowledged..
i gave him a bow and continued the climb...

coming up behind me was another gent..
walking his bike up the hill..
i teased...
you better get on that bike and ride!
he laughed and told me there was
plenty of ground to cover so he was taking a break..
we hiked up the hill and spoke about work and play..
l.j. then asked if i was married..
..noooooo..
what luck!
he was just out of a relationship..
i suggested he take a break..
he replied..
yes! let's!
the conversation circled around
the shape of my legs; the size of my bum..
trader joe's showed up just in time..
he rode down the hill smiling..

on the way back to pioneer square,
i found myself walking with a UW microbiologist...
she loves to walk to her favorite shoppes..
the polish place for sausages,
madison street market for everything else..
the gardens at seattle university for a rest..

the ease of street speak..

if you want peace of mind,
do not find fault with others.
rather learn to see your own faults.
learn to make the whole world your own.
no one is a stranger, my child;
this whole world is your own.

~ sarada devi

1 comment:

Sandra said...

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."

--Thich Nhat Hanh

Big smiles to you, my friend! :)