Monday, May 21, 2007

the great divine

equanimity!
how that shows up for each of us
in the bardo of daily lives..
to see others as ourselves..
it is the golden rule, yes?
seeing the similarities
rather than the differences..

there but for fortune
go you or i

it is interesting to me..
that the great fall that splatted
me ground ward was the homeless
gent on the bus at bandon..
my failure to see the divine
in everyone...

i remembre mother teresa
telling of the actual moment
when she bent down to pick up
her first dying man
on the streets of calcutta..
she said she walked down the stairs,
to the streets many times ..
before she scooped up the fragile
bag of bones and carried him
to the home of the dying..
her work had begun..
she never looked back!
o my o

it seems to me..
that since i met the bag of bones
on the bus... the homeless man..
that is where i might
take the walk..back to the bus..
to face the self..
my desire to walk across the u. s. of a.
started on the greyhound
some 40 years ago..
awe-inspiring to think
that the walk will lead me
back to the bus..
where i feel my peace work
will have deep roots!

we go where it is the darkest
in our very selves and bring
great brilliance to the shade,
the shadow..
seeing the thing
for what it is..
embracing with grace
the black dragon..

feels like peace to me!
the great divine..

the homeless man on the bandon bus
is with me every day..
i am breathing him in..
it is my wish that he remembres me in his prayers!
he is in mine..

No comments: