Monday, February 5, 2007

Epiphany

epiphany- 6 january 2007 "If you are ready to leave father and mother, and brother and sister, and wife (husband) and child and friends, and possibly never see them again, - if you have paid your debts and made your will, and settled all your affairs, and are a free man (woman), then you are ready for a walk." - Henry David Thoreau

Dear family, friends, yogis and yoginis...

i have been teaching yoga classes for over 30 years. imagine! that i could stay focused on one note for that long! it has been my sole source of livelihood, give or take a few husbands (bless them) and odd jobs along the way. yoga is my true companion in the art of living. as a practicing yogini of long standing (sitting, breathing, bowing!), it feels the right and auspicious time to call it a day. as they say in baseball, leave the game still swinging! there are many new and bright teachers in the area; so much yoga in the health clubs and spas...and i have miles to go before i sleep...

when i was sixteen, i took a greyhound bus across the u.s. of a. ($99 for 99 days) and i remember imagining how wild and wonderful to saunter across america; a pilgrimage of sorts...

40 years later...that is what i plan to do in my retirement. i have set my intention, cultivated my (maha) motivation and will place one foot in front of the other...one step at a time...for peace...the true peace that is not between two wars, that has no opposite; for simplicity...to live simply so that others may simply live; and for equanimity, even-mindedness, equipoise...to see others as myself.

my classes will end the last day of february and i plan to leave for san francisco, on foot, around the 10th of march. (free tibet!)

would you kindly light some candles, do some practice for me, breathe with me along the way? if any of you would like to make offerings to my begging bowl, i will receive them with a gladsome heart! i am selling many of my belongings; interested?

my greatful heartpalms to you,

dunja

No comments: